We’re finally having some cooler weather here in Northern California which means I’m jumping at the chance to make some hearty soups. This brings me to my new blog series: 5 Delightful Soups In Under 30, bringing you a new vegan soup recipe once a week for the next 5 weeks. If you’ve followed Veggie Kids for any length of time then you’ll know that I am a lazy cook, meaning I don’t like to cook/bake/make anything that takes more than 45 minutes. Many of the vegan dinner in my eCookBook “The 30 Day Vegan” are ready in 30 minutes or less. That’s how I roll!
The first vegan soup recipe featured in the 5 Delightful Soups in Under 30 series is this flavorful White Bean Soup. Not only is it loaded with protein and healthy ingredients, it’s so satisfying!
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2½ C. white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 handful fresh basil
- ½ lemon, juiced + zest (if organic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: croutons (recipe link below)
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onions 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Next, stir in tomatoes, oregano, beans and vegetable broth. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons and fresh basil.
Like this recipe? Find more Vegan Soup Recipes below!
Check out my other easy vegan recipes in my new eCookBook “The 30 Day Vegan”!