by : Sarah
Have you signed up for the FREE 14-Day Makeover Meals challenge yet? It’s 2 weeks of healthy meals designed to help you get back on the right track. Kid-tested and family-approved!
O.M.G. I never write that but this Walnut White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread brought it out of me. Good enough for a dessert, this bread works any time of day. Enjoy a slice with your morning cup of coffee or gobble it up at night when you’re craving something sweet. Either way you choose to indulge, it’s delicious! Click on the recipe below to view or print.
Walnut White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 Tb. ground flax seed + 6 Tb. warm water (to replace 2 eggs)
- ½ C. Earth Balance buttery sticks
- ½ C. sugar
- 2 C. cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 overripe bananas, well mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. non-dairy white chocolate chips
- ½ C. walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Prepare 2 loaf pans (9' x 5') by spraying with non-stick spray.
- Combine ground flaxseed and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in egg replacer (flaxseed mixture).
- Slowly add in flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Combine well.
- Next, stir in mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Do not overmix!
- Pour batter evenly into two loaf pans. Bake in center of oven for 40 minutes. Check for doneness as each oven cooks differently!