This cookie recipes is nostalgic to me as it always makes me think of my own childhood during Christmas time. My mom traditionally made about four holiday treat recipes each Christmas. It usually entailed lemon bars, sugar cookies. fudge and pecan puffs. These are super easy to make and are a nice change from the norm. Plus, they’re dredged in powdered sugar so how can you really go wrong? This is my mom’s recipe, veganized. Although hers looked much more uniform than mine!
- 1 C. Earth Balance buttery sticks, room temperature
- 4 Tb. sugar (I like coconut palm or date sugar)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 C. pecans
- 2 C. flour, sifted
- 3 C. powdered sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Beat together softened butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Chop pecans in a food processor, high speed blender or coffee grinder until course.
- Stir in vanilla, pecans and flour until combined. Cover dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare baking sheet by spraying with non-stick spray or lining with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into small balls and place in baking sheet 2" apart. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Remove pecan puffs from oven and roll in powdered sugar. Set aside and let cool, then roll again in powdered sugar until completely coated.
Transform your eating habits for life with this brand new online course, Eat Clean. It’s a 6-week course that starts January 16th, just in time for the New Year. Don’t set a resolution, make a change for life. Early bird discount pricing starts December 18th! Learn more here.