Sweet Potato Salad
Creamy, tangy and sweet all in the same bite. This Sweet Potato Salad is a healthier version of the traditional potato salad since it’s made with nutrient-dense sweet potatoes. I really don’t know why I didn’t think of this earlier because I absolutely love this dish. I tested it on my oldest son, who’s 13 and has always loved this Vegan Potato Salad, and he raved about it. I’m also always searching for ways to use sweet potatoes.
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped red pepper (optional for color and crunch)
- 4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise (use vegan if you prefer, I like Trader Joe's Light Mayo)
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- Boil cut sweet potatoes in a large pot of water, covered, until fork-tender, or about 8 minutes or so. Be sure not to overcook!
- Rinse under cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together celery, onions, peppers, mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Gently stir in potatoes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Optional: garnish with fresh dill.