Sushi For Dinner & Dessert
Sushi night is a regular occurrence in our house. What a fun way to eat your veggies! And have you ever tried fruit sushi? It’s delicious and a perfect ending to sushi night. My boys prefer their sushi with avocado and cucumber but in mine I love anything and everything…as long as it’s vegan that is!
- bamboo mat
- rice (white or brown, your choice)
- seaweed or soy wrappers
- bell peppers
- optional: sesame seeds (calcium rich!)
- Lay the nori (seaweed) onto the bamboo mat. TIP: It's less messy if you cover it with plastic wrap.
- Place an even layer of rice on top of the nori, leaving an edge at the top.
- Add strips of your filling ingredients onto the middle of the rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you wish.
- Carefully roll the sushi by holding the mat and the nori with both hands and tightly rolling from one side to the other. Before you reach the other side, dip your fingertips into a small bowl of water to act as glue to stick the sides together.
- Squeeze gently yet firmly and place seam-side down to rest while you roll another one. Use a wet, sharp knife to cut into pieces.