- 2½ C. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. lemongrass paste
- ⅓ C. coconut milk
- 2 Tb. Thai red curry paste (add more if you like it extra spicy)
- 1 Tb. fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 Tb. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 12 oz. extra-firm sprouted tofu, cut into ¾" cubes
- 1 C. green beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 C. thinly sliced red bell pepper
- optional: 1½ C. cooked brown rice
- optional: carrot shreds for garnish
- optional: fresh basil for garnish
- Heat vegetable broth in large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Stir in lemongrass paste and coconut milk, along with curry paste, ginger root, soy sauce and garlic.
- Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in tofu, green beans and bell pepper. Simmer, covered, for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- To serve: place ½ C. of rice in a bowl, spoon 1 C. of Thai Red Curry over rice, top with optional carrot and basil.
Talk about Thai-flavor-expolsion! This dish is not only ready in under 30 minutes but it’s loaded with the flavors of lemongrass, coconut and chiles. Add more or less red curry paste depending on your heat level preference. To my surprise, my kids LOVED this recipe!
Do you like this recipe? Check out my other easy vegan recipes in my new eCookBook “The 30 Day Vegan”!