Quick Broccoli Tomato Pasta
Being a busy mom of three boys (four if you include my hubby) I’m all about easy vegan meals. I don’t like fussy cooking or too many steps. It must come together quickly and taste great while meeting all of my nutritional requirements (i.e., it’s gotta be healthy!). This Quick Broccoli Tomato Pasta can be served warm or cold (or room temperature).
I like it for lunch box packing, which is how I came up with this one. Back-to-school is just around the corner (boo!) and this is definitely one I’ll be adding to the line up. I like to make a big batch and keep it in the ‘fridge for dinners or lunches. You could easily adapt it to your tastes or to what you have in the pantry. Try adding olives or chick peas!
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 C. fresh broccoli florets
2 C. cherry tomatoes, halved
ground black pepper to taste
3. Stir in vegetable bouillon cube and broccoli, turning the heat back up to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and cooked pasta. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well.
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1½ tsp. coconut oil (for sautéing)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 C. fresh broccoli florets
- 2 C. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1-2 Tb. extra-virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- sea salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook pasta al dente.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in a large skillet over medium heat in the coconut oil. Stir and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5-7 minutes, then add garlic and turn heat to low.
- Stir in vegetable bouillon cube and broccoli, turning the heat back up to medium. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and cooked pasta. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well.