Living Italian Bread For Lunch & Banana Delight For Dessert
Sometimes it only takes a second of seeing something delicious before I know I have to make a vegan (and raw this time!) version of it. This bread is is completely raw so feel free to eat as many veggie sandwiches as you wish without any guilt! Although just one had me full.
1/2 C. ground flax seeds
1/4 C. raw wheat germ
1 Tb. Italian herbs (I used a paste that comes in a tube)
1-2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 C. water (you may need a bit more for consistency)
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Did you see the latest
Veggie Kids Recipe Video?
- 2c almonds, soaked & drained*
- ½ C. ground flax seeds
- ¼ C. raw wheat germ
- 1 Tb. Italian herbs (I used a paste that comes in a tube)
- 1-2 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ C. water (you may need a bit more for consistency)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- In a food processor, blend together prepared almonds, ground flax seeds, wheat germ, Italian herbs, oil, water, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Continue to blend until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides as you go. Add more water as needed (you want it to be a little thicker than pancake batter).
- Spoon the bread dough onto the plastic sheets (not the mesh ones) that go into the dehydrator. Make ~5" circles, using your spoon to smooth it out evenly.
- Place in the dehydrator on 105F setting for 6 hours, then use a spatula to carefully flip them over and dehydrate the other side for about 4 hours. (Feel the bread with your hands to see if it's ready-it should feel pliable and light.)
- *soak raw almonds for at least 8 hours, or overnight