Lentil soup is my go-to meal if I need to add some extra protein into my kids’ diets or if I’m craving more nutrient-dense foods. This vegan lentil soup recipe is easy to make. Makes a great thermos-lunchbox item too!
- 1 Tb. coconut oil (or use vegetable oil)
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tb. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. mild curry powder
- 3 C. vegetable stock
- 1 C. water
- 1 C. dried red lentils
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute green onions, carrots and potatoes, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and curry powder.
- Add vegetable stock, water and lentils.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
This is the 4th of 5 soups in my blog series 5 Delightful Soups In Under 30 Minutes. Didn’t catch the other ones? Here they are: Tomato Soup In 20 Minutes, Butternut Squash Soup, White Bean Basil Soup.