Ahh fall. The season of change. The season of crisper air and shorter days. The season of getting a little cozier and craving comfort foods. I picked the three most popular fall recipes, chosen by you, to cook this fall season.
The Pumpkin Quesadillas make a great snack, appetizer or lunch dish and are easy to pack in those lunch boxes. They are a fun and healthy alternative to cheese, yet have a slight sweetness to them that is totally satisfying.
The Pumpkin Smoothie is just as fun to look at as it is to drink! With far less calories than a Starbucks Pumpkin Latte, this version will make you feel like you’re immersed in the spirit of fall.
The White Bean Basil Soup is loaded with protein and healthy ingredients, completely satisfying your body from the inside out.
Make the fall season festive by working in these 3 favorite fall recipes today.
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil over low-medium heat in a medium saute pan. Cook the onions until translucent, or for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir together pumpkin puree and cooked onions. Evenly spread pumpkin puree onto one tortilla. Place the other tortilla on top.
3. Heat the additional 1 tsp. of oil in that same saute pan and cook the tortilla until crispy on one side, then carefully flip and cook the other side. Remove from heat and let sit for 2-3 minutes before slicing into wedges.
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2½ C. white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 C. vegetable broth
- 1 handful fresh basil
- ½ lemon, juiced + zest (if organic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: croutons (recipe link here)
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onions 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Next, stir in tomatoes, oregano, beans and vegetable broth. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons and fresh basil.
Have you signed up for the FREE 14-Day Makeover Meals challenge yet? It’s 2 weeks of healthy meals designed to help you get back on the right track. Kid-tested and family-approved!