It seems families are more alike then they are different when it comes to meal time. We all need something quick, healthy and delicious, whether we’re vegan, vegetarians or omnivores. I’m super happy hearing from so many of you who enjoying these weeknight meals!
Check out this cutie-pie, Elinor, enjoying her Baked Ziti! This kid has good taste when it comes to dinnertime. You can see more of her and her adorable family over at FourthStPayPhone. Thanks Caitlin!
Transform your eating habits for life with this brand new online course, Eat Clean. It’s a 6-week course that starts January 16th, just in time for the New Year. Don’t set a resolution, make a change for life. Early bird discount pricing starts December 18th! Sign up here to be the first to know!
- 3½ C. vegetable broth
- 4-5 C. roasted veggies*
- sea salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- optional garnish: fresh parsley
- *Roasted Veggies
- 2-3 whole carrots, peeled
- 1 large Asian sweet potato (these look like sweet potatoes but have white skin)
- 2 C. butternut squash, peeled & diced (purchase a package of already prepared squash, available at most grocers)
- 2 Tb. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- To roast the veggies, preheat oven to 425F. Chop the carrots, Asian sweet potato and butternut squash (unless already chopped) into 1½" chunks (don't make the pieces too small or they'll burn). Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast on a baking sheet (be sure to spray it with non-stick spray or use parchment paper) for 20 minutes or until tender, turning throughout to ensure even roasting.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove from oven. Using a blender, place half of the roasted vegetables and half of the vegetable broth inside. Blend until smooth, although some chunks are fine. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and repeat with the second half of the vegetables and broth.
- Add more or less vegetable stock as needed for a soup-like consistency and reheat on the stove if needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with optional parsley leaf.