These vegan pancakes are sure to please any kid (or adult)! Add bananas, applesauce or blueberries to the batter for an extra dose of fruit. The recipe is from my mom and is the only one I use now when we make our weekend pancakes. My dad, a definite kid at heart, says they’re his favorite, but he’s easy to please!
Classic Pancakes (Vegan)
Recipe type: breakfast
Make a double batch of these classic (vegan) pancakes and freeze some for a quick breakfast during the week!
- 1 cup unbleached, whole wheat flour*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- optional boosters:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed or hemp seed
- ½ mashed ripe banana
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl & mix. Add in wet ingredients & mix with whisk until just smooth (lumps are okay).
- I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze what's left for quick weekday breakfasts.
- *If your family is not used to the taste/texture of whole wheat, start by adding ½ whole wheat with ½ all-purpose or cake flour, then gradually increase the whole wheat until they're adjusted. The same goes for whole wheat pasta! My family only took about 2 weeks to adjust with no complaints.
- *You could also try using almond or coconut flour for a gluten-free version.