‘Tis the season for butternut squash! This is one of my favorite soups, although I love butternut squash many different ways (try this recipe, or this one). Garnish with fresh pico de gallo or chopped basil for a pop of color. And it’s ready in just under 30 minutes!
- 2 Tb. Earth Balance butter
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 C. vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. vegan cream cheese (Tofutti)
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add squash cubes, vegetable broth, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Turn heat up to boiling, then reduce to simmer and cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes, then divide soup into thirds and blend in high-speed blender along with vegan cream cheese. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh pico de gallo, basil or croutons.
- NOTE: Add water or vegetable broth for a thinner soup
For more yummy vegan soup recipes view my previous post with links to many other soups.
Check out my other easy vegan recipes in my new eCookBook “The 30 Day Vegan”!