- 2 Tb. coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1½" chunks
- 2 bunches of asparagus, (` 2 lbs.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 C. vegetable stock
- 1 C. water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add potatoes, asparagus, vegetable stock and water to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes until asparagus is tender.
- Turn off heat. Squeeze in lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer in 2-3 batches to a blender. Blend until smooth.
This is the finale of 5 soups in my blog series 5 Delightful Soups In Under 30 Minutes. Didn’t catch the other ones? Here they are: Lentil Soup, Tomato Soup In 20 Minutes, Butternut Squash Soup, White Bean Basil Soup.
Give the perfect gift this year-the gift of health! The 30-Day Vegan eCookbook, a cookbook and meal plan guide that covers 6 weeks worth of weeknight dinners that are ready in no time and that the whole family will love. All recipes are kid-tested and mom approved! Includes bonus recipes too! Recipes are color-coded by week, making it easy to follow. Get one for you and one for a friend here.