A Sushi Twist
Around here we LOVE sushi any time of the day. But lately the usual avocado rolls I’ve been making at the request of my boys have been getting a bit mundane. Inspired by a local sushi joint, I made this new “twist” on the old sushi standby. It’s insanely good!!
- Sheets of Nori (organice)
- vegan cream cheese (Tofutti has one I like)
- basil or spinach
- pine nuts, chopped walnuts or any other chopped nut you like
- minced fresh garlic
- optional: mushrooms or carrots
- brown rice or quinoa
- Place nori sheet on bamboo roller.
- Smear on the cream cheese and add the rice or quinoa to almost half the nori sheet.
- Pile on the other ingredients evenly in the middle of rice/quinoa and carefully roll up.